- 1 bunch kale, washed and ribs removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Black pepper, pinch
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- (1/2 cup sunflowers seeds or almonds, blended in food processor, optional)
Add all ingredients to food processor except kale and olive oil. Add half of the kale and half of the olive oil. Blend. Add the rest of the kale. For a thicker pesto leave as is, for a thinner pesto add the rest of the olive oil and more until desired consistency.
Storage in refrigerator for up to a week.
What else to do with Kale Pesto: Kale Pesto over Rotini with Fried Egg
What to do with Kale: Wash kale, chop and add to box of wild rice.