4 cups Chopped fresh spinach
2 cloves Garlic
1/2 Onion, chopped
4 Medium tomatoes
1 tsp Chopped fresh ginger or 1/8 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Red chili powder
1/8 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbs oil
3 Tbs Flour
1/2 C Milk
Paneer or cheese curds
1) Steam spinach. Puree until creamy but not pasty. Set aside. (If necessary, add a little water or some of the milk to ensure that the spinach is smooth.)
2) Mix milk and flour well. Set aside.
3) Add oil, garlic, and onion to a pan. Cook until onion has begun to caramelize. If using fresh ginger, add and cook for another minute. (If using dried ginger, add it with the other spices in Step 5.)
4) Puree onion, garlic, tomato, and ginger.
5) Mix coriander, turmeric, chili, cumin, and salt into the tomato puree.
6) Cook tomato mixture with oil on high heat for ten minutes until it has noticeably reduced.
7) Add spinach and cook covered on medium low for ten minutes.
8) Add milk mixture and cook for five more minutes.
9) Remove from heat and fold in paneer or cheese curds.